Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Personal Perfection

While some people slumber peacefully this eve of Christmas eve, and dream of sugarplum fairies dancing in their heads (although I guess that's tomorrow night), I sit awake in my personal perfection.
Alex watched her man as I went along with the midnight cleaning of my room, a surprise for my mother come morning. The end of the movie coincidentally coincided with the finishing touches of my tidying and it didn't take us long to decide what to do next.
Now, lying in bed, allowing for the pain in my back to finally subside, I take a breath. It will be okay. Everything will be okay. Lying in bed with Alex, like an old married couple, listening to her read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows out loud to me helps me remember my own advice. Everything in life is only 'For Now.' So even though my normal thrill for the Holiday season has been less than standard I am hopeful for years to come, even the next few days. I am actually looking forward to tomorrow and Christmas, partially because I want to get my Harry Potter computer game, but also because it will be messed up and torturous. That may sound bizarre coming from a girl who is wildly obsessed with Christmas, but surprisingly enough my actual Christmas days are just down right stressful. They would be great if it was possible for a person to be at two places at once, but since we have yet to come up with the technology of a time turner, and I being the child of divorce parents, have to choose between Mom and Dad. And after I finally make up my mind of where I am going I still have to deal with the crazy families from both sides. So back to the point. I am actually excited this year. Not sure why. Maybe it's because I have accepted the fact that Christmas is crazy, and have learned to embrace it instead of fear for chaos. Either way. For the first time in awhile I pumped for Christmas.


P.S. I've realized that this blog reveals my true obsession for Harry Potter. So if you were wondering... Yes, Alex and I read out loud to each other, give it a try sometime. It's really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment