Monday, February 8, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

Plainly stated, I have awesome friends. They are inspiring, supportive, hilarious, witty, funny and overall amazing. A week or 2 ago one of my awesome friends (aka HayleyGHoover) walked in and said "I love poetry" and then continued to tell us about the list of things she really loves.
So I am going to be a copy cat and follow suit.

Things I love:

Seeing people in red and gold sweaters and feeling connected to them with the assumption that they bought it because it reminded them of Harry Potter.

Retreating to both happy and sad memories and being thankful that I have them all.

When I find the perfect edge of a pencil that makes my notes look beautiful and neat.

The summer days at the lake that I wake up before everyone else and can have the porch, the coffee maker, and the good blanket all to myself to read peacefully and enjoy the crystal glass like appearance of the silent morning water.

Finding affordable antique stores full of colorful trinkets and obscure household items.


When 2 people who are completely unrelated and unaware of the other's existence become a fan of the same thing on facebook.

Brushing my hair after I get out of the shower and am reminded of why I spend too much money on conditioner.


Harry Potter ad everything about it. How I consider the characters of Harry Potter to be my friends, because I know they will always be there for me when I need them. How when I was 9 and my parents had just got divorced my mom read the first 3 books to me and my brother a chapter a night. Not to mention that she pronounced slytherin *sly- th-ear-E-in*


The second family I have at my lake house and how we only see each other once a year and it's like we were never apart.

The smell of my best friends house and how it brings back so many happy memories.


Laying on the hairy carpet with my dog and watching her flail around jubilantly while sneezing 3 times after I rub her belly.

The fact that I just had to correct my spelling of hairy. It's only habit that I type Harry.

How I can turn everything we say or talk about into a Friends reference without anyone else knowing, and if by chance they are just as obsessed with the sitcom as I am we can laugh and enjoy at the peculiar newly discovered connection.

Books. There will be nothing greater in life, nothing more appreciated than the escape one experiences while falling into the depths, characters, plot line and action of a provocative novel.

Going to Panera by myself with my computer to grab a bagel and do some people watching. I swear I'm not a creeper.


Being a Steelers fan in northeast Ohio and having to the confidence to tell a Browns fan they're wrong when they say "Steelers Suck"

Chocolate milk.


Coffee. Coffee houses. Coffee smells. Coffee pastries. Coffee coffee coffee. STARBUCKS!

The new friends I have made or the friends I have become closer to lately that I know will be in my life forever.


The rightful 4 actors who helped make Sweeny Todd, Alice in Wonderland and the last few Harry Potter movies dark yet delicious. Thank you Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, and Timothy Spalls. Johnny Depp, if only there was a part in the Deathly Hallows movies that you could be casted in. Perhaps a Carrow.

The gifts that keep on giving, like the Complete Works of William Shakespeare that my best friend gave me.

This is just a small portion of a very large list. There are so many things I love in this world and it would take a life time to for me to type it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment