Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bird's Nest

None of you probably care, and this is rather irrelevant to anything going on in my life, but today while working out something magnificent happened. I've been working out daily for the past few months now, each day on the same machine. I get to look out a window that overlooks a pretty golf course and some lovely hills, and on one of the pillars of the building is this bird's nest. Now, for the past few months the nest has been empty. It lasted through wind, snow and rain and remained wholesomely in tact throughout all of it. Today was exciting because, while I was still happy to see that the nest was still there holding up against the elements, the bird was back!
So why do you care? You probably don't. I'm not even sure why I care. I guess after all I have been through, especially since starting this new year, the bird is like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. If the bird can go through the entire winter, doing everything it has to do to survive, and still make it out safely, then why can't I? I guess the bird gave me a new sense of hope, a feeling that I could finish this fight once and for all and then make it back to my nest of solitude.
Who thought that a simple bird could do so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment