Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's from the year I was born

I know my writings are all very up in the air, but I'm still working on grounding myself. So here's another one of my half hearted conclusions that takes me one step closer to finding myself:

I'm not going to get into my religious views, because quite frankly I'm not sure what they are, but I had an experience that could only be described as a miracle. It was sometime over winter break and I had just returned grocery shopping. While I stood at my counter attempting to pick up as much yogurt in my arms as possible I heard a noise coming from the open refrigerator. The random 'clink' startled me and caused me to drop all the yogurt. I walked to the fridge and on the shelf was sitting a lone penny. My awestruck self didn't know what to do. I just stood there, staring at this penny, inventing ideas of how it scientifically could have come to be dropped on my shelf, but there were none. How on earth did this penny fall on to my fridge? As I continued to stare at this penny, reading and rereading 'In God We Trust', a line from one of my favorite musicals popped into my mind "hey look, a penny! From the year I was born. It's a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggn." Could it be? Could it be a penny from the year I was born? I leaned in slowly to pick up the tarnished penny and covered by a little speck of blue was the date 1990. I know, crazy right. I'll never know how the penny actually came to be in my fridge, or if the fact that it was made the year I was born is just a coincidence, but for now I can only assume that this is the sign I have been looking for for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment