Monday, November 30, 2009

Sinfully Delicious

Today was my first day of work at a new job. I'm working 3rd shift at a factory that makes little metal pieces. This is my attempt to make a little money over winter break. This job is the most tedious task to ever be assigned to anyone ever. I sit at an awkwardly tall table and test the size of little pieces of metal by putting it in a gage and then separating out the ones that are too big. After 8 hours I managed to test over 4000 of these little stupid sharp metal pieces. But while I was callusing my fingers, I enjoyed my very extensive Christmas music library on my Ipod. I couldn't help but feel like an elf while listening to the music and tinkering around at a work bench. That feeling was short lived and died about 4 minutes later. Even though I didn't feel like an elf anymore the cold factory had me craving a Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate. Finally my shift was over and I was able to leave. I walked out the door and found instant joy. SNOW! How appropriate. Now the hot chocolate was calling my name. There is a Dunkin Donuts on my way home and as I pulled into the driveway I was thinking about how sinfully delicious all their treats are. That got me thinking...
Sinfully delicious. The foods that make your ass grow and the foods that you know are bad for you are considered sinfully delicious. They contain sugar, fat, and for me chocolate, all the good stuff, right? What I wonder is, do we love the actual taste and sensation of sinful snacks, or do we love the taste and sensation of the idea that they are sinful. Doesn't everybody love what they can't have? Guys become instantly more attractive to girls as soon as they become unavailable. It's either that it took another girl to open up our eyes to to see he is actually a great guy, or it is because we know we can't have him. If the sweets we crave and fall into temptation over were actually healthy for us, would we love them just the same? What if it was vegetables that clogged our arteries and made us look like a lump of lard? would those be sinfully delicious? Would we crave vegetables over the sugary sweets?

Okay, well even if my hypothesis isn't true, I still love my chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment